Thursday, July 20, 2017

ARE YOU HERE?

Are you here? Don there I times I wake up and hear you calling me, then I realize I was dreaming. But I sense your presence, especially late at night. I miss making meals and sitting down and enjoying them with you and especially our 4 o'clock glass of wine. Our lives were intwined 24/7 and only rarely were we apart. Maybe that is why I miss you so. We waited so long to be together, we knew time was not on our side, so we made every minute count.Even though your last year was marked by illness, infection, hospitalization it was still comforting to be together. I did not realize on your last day that that was the last day, and moments I would have you. I still feel guilty for leaving you on that day while I took care of errands, but you were in good hands. Kim, your caretaker was so loving towards you and I always felt good when she was there to help. Are you here? No not physically but spiritually you are , you fill my heart with your presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment